Thursday, February 25, 2010

We're Off To Flee The Blizzard (To Port St. Lucie We Will Go!)

The weather outside may be frightful, but come tomorrow, it'll be sooooo delightful. While everyone in the northeast is digging their way out of the snow, I will be a special guest of The Coop in Port St. Lucie. That's right, SMFs. I'm on my way to Spring Training!

We'll be checking out the Mets players to see if they're learning their fundamentals. We'll be checking out the Mets trainers to make sure they're not the same ones as last year. We'll be checking out Duffy's for their fine adult beverage selection. (Remind me to bring my "special" ID.)

Maybe we'll take some exclusive photos with players. Perhaps I'll get a Studious Metsimus interview with Sgt. Bay of The Yukon over a plate of cheese fries with gravy. If he chooses to have poutine instead, that's his choice.

One thing we'll definitely have is FUN, FUN, FUN! When we return Sunday night, I will write my happy recap with all the details of our Port St. Lucie trip. I'm sure my colleague will write a blog or two while I'm gone, assuming he doesn't spend his entire weekend shoveling snow.

Actually, I could use that shovel to dig myself out of the Florida sand. What's that? There's no sand in Port St. Lucie? No worries. I'm hangin' with Miss Cooper! (And the Mets!) It doesn't get any better than this! See you when I get back (if I get back...)

2 comments:

Joe D. said...

Ed, I cant believe you parted company with Joey, even though he is in good hands. Hopefully Joey isn't suffering from any separation anxiety as I know how he depends so much on you. At least he escapes the frigid air and who knows, he might meet some new Mets bears who are starting to make their way south for spring break.

Ed Leyro (and Joey Beartran) said...

Wait till you see the pictures he's taken. He got Bobby Ojeda and Eddie Kunz to hold him for pictures and he got Jose Reyes to laugh when he told him he was named after him.